Tuesday, May 15, 2007

31 Flavors & Miscellaneous Ramblings

It’s been a day full of emotions, perhaps even 31. Let’s see if I can do a quick run down.
Morning – weary but good

Mid Morning at Cancer Agency – Happy and spreading the sunshine! Am a bit nervous about getting my first ever radiation treatment. Still find myself utterly amazed at the beauty of the day.

Lunch – feel normal (as normal as I am anyway) Happy to organize Duane’s bachelor pad to accommodate me and all my girly necessities. Get frustrated when I look for a bible verse and the concordance in the back is of no help.

Afternoon – Hmmm, what’s this? Nausea?!? Bummer, not so soon!!! Mega disappointed and worried what this may mean for the 19 days ahead as side effects can be cumulative.

Early Evening – Still nauseated but happy to eat the awesome dinner Duane made – yay! He’s becoming quite the chef!

Evening - driving to Abbotsford to finish up some things that need doing tomorrow. I find myself disheartened that I have to leave Duane’s place. I’m suddenly saddened and overwhelmed with the question “how can we work it so we can be both near each other and near the other things we hold dear (i.e. job and community). Didn’t expect that one to come up so quick! Ah but driving for an hour gives you lots of time to ponder and do some house cleaning of the brain. I’m disappointed that I can’t help out with Murray’s conference as much as I’d like to this year, I was really looking forward to that. The nausea is back and that worries me again. I walk into my empty apartment and find myself lonely because the usual company, my cat and hedgehog, aren’t here. Finally, relief - the Gravol finally kicked in!

All in all I’m mostly apprehensive about all the unknowns I have yet to face.

So that may not list 31 but still, it’s been a draining day. I’ll try and tell you more about the actual treatments tomorrow.

I’m hoping to add some pictures and more interesting stuff than just text in the coming episodes but I'm still setting up my user on Duane’s computer properly so I have access to all the things I need. That wraps it up for today, sorry about the mess of thoughts but I gotta hit the hay! Sweet Dreams!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Hey Carin, what a great way to keep updated...I hope Mom can connect, I tried to explain but you know...rough first day but hopefully today will be better...thinking about you and prayers sent your way.

Keri's Collage... said...

I love that you are being so candid! You are such a strong woman!
I'm not sure if you remember me...I went to MEI for 3 years but would probably have known you more from Abby Growers? I have a twin Kori...

onedayatatime said...

Praying that the nausea will not be a daily side effect. Your hubby must LOVE having you there :)I pray that you will grow with each other, during this time.

Kori's House said...

Hi Carin,

Hope you don't mind another stranger following your journey! You are very inspirational!!