Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Hello Friends.
I'm writing from a medicated groggy place today so forgive me if my thoughts and writings aren't clear.

I'm here just to drop you a quick note to bring you up to speed. Actually I hand wrote it and my hubby posted it. He's so awesome.

I was in Emergency at VGH. I won't bore you with the trivial details of waiting in Emergency as I imagine you've all likely encountered it. I went due to extraordinary abdominal pain. Although the sore spot was right next to my tumor (lower right) I was also a little concerned it might be the beginnings of an appendicitis and didn’t want to mess around with that.

Long story short… at 1 in the afternoon I was transferred to the BC Cancer Agency to be looked after by my cancer doctors. They’re considering it a pain crisis and are working diligently to come up with a combination of meds that will substantially ease my pain and nausea. They are all so GREAT here!

I may be in here for 2 weeks of treatment therefore I may not be able to post for the duration. If possible, Duane may post any further updates for me. (Like this one)

Anywho, Once again your prayers are extremely appreciated.

Love & Blessings to you!
Carin

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Carin, I just wanted to let you know that we are all thinking about you here in Abbotsford!! I was even able to bring the 'house of prayer' up to date on sunday at the bbq, well, at least on what i had seen/done with you on weds. i am praying for you hunny and I love you!!! Love Jilly

Keri's Collage... said...

Praying right now!

onedayatatime said...

Sending hugs and prayers. Love ya, Carin :)

Lorrie said...

Hi Carin
Remember me?? Long lost cousin :)
Tante Erika just sent me your link, hope that's ok? Been thinking about ya alot the past couple weeks (yes I hear updates via T Erika) lol
I have a counsin that lives at Kits beach too and oh my WORD, it's a little taste of heaven ain't it ;)
I'm praying for ya, and maybe we'll be able to get together one day?
You can check out my blog too if ya get "bored"
Lorrie

Anonymous said...

Hey Carin,

My first time blogging---exciting stuff!! (or is it not called blogging when you're posting a comment?--argh--what a geek I am!!)
You are so loved--must be so encouraging reading all of your "fan mail"---look at how many lives you've touched! Carin, we are all praying for you. Loved the pictures you posted of you and Duane hanging out your new part of the world. Hope to make it out to see you on Saturday. Take care,love ya lots!
Raine

Shelly said...

Hi Carin, just a little note to say that we are praying for you. The Monday morning prayer group I attend will be praying as well. Do you remember Diana? Mind if I give her your blog address? You are so open and honest, I love your blog! We love you, girl. Say hay to Duane. Love Harry and Shelly.

Kori's House said...

Hope your feeling better!

liz said...

hope you're doing ok.

Lorrie said...

Hey Carin (I wanna spell it Kaaareeeeeen but I won't, heck I just did!!) that's how I say it anyways!! lol
I just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for ya and thinkin about ya lots, and send ya big hugs and love!! :)
Lorrie

Keri's Collage... said...

Still thinking about you lots and praying for you too!