Monday, September 24, 2007

Good News!

First...sorry to those of you who have read this on the prayer chain or facebook already. What can I say, I'm so incredibly blessed with all the people who want to know what's going on. Thank you!!!

Some of you know that Friday was the big day at the cancer agency… finding out if the radiation worked. Good news…it did! So far the abdominal tumor shrunk from 9cm to 7cm and will likely shrink a bit more over the next month. Wooo Hooo it was worth it. Additionally the other smattering of tumors have not grown any further in the past three months either. In fact one of the Dr’s suggested they’re not even certain that they are tumors. Double Woo Hoo! Lastly the Dr is finally changing the medication that I’m on to control the tumor growth. That’s really good news because the one they’ve had me on for the most of a year and a half has been causing far too much havoc to stay on for the long term. It was causing a lot of different things but the most debilitating was daily pockets of massive depression that meds couldn’t counter act. Life’s just too short to not be able to enjoy it because of meds!!!

Unfortunately she did let it slip that the genetic test they do to keep an eye on the leukemia had a “blip” in it. It didn’t totally surprise me but I’m still disappointed. I see my hematologist today at 1:40 so at least I don’t have a long to wait to find out what she meant by blip. So then, all in all it’s good news for now. Yay God! And thanks to all of you who have prayed…it really does make a difference, even if the “healing” doesn’t look the way we’d like ;-)

Please do continue to pray as God leads. We've got good news now but it is an ongoing struggle.

So much love to you...thank you for caring!
Carin

No comments: