Monday, August 27, 2007

She's Baaaack!

Hello Friends!
Many thanks to you all for prayers, warm wishes and emails checking in to see how I was.

Needless to say the past 6 weeks since my last hospital stay have been rather arduous. The pain meds I was given continued to cause me more grief than good and I finally am on new something new. And there was much rejoicing!!!! Yay!

Today I am back at my place in Abbotsford…the first stay longer than a weekend in three months. Last week Thursday was the first day I have driven since my first hospital stint in June. Last week was also the first week in months that I didn’t have all those nutty side effects the first pain meds caused. Again…there was much rejoicing!!!

So if I’ve had all this time on my hands you might ask “why haven’t you been updating you blog?” Well, I had slipped into a dark funk and wasn’t really interested in communicating unless absolutely necessary. I had a few bright spots over the last while (namely Julia coming out and spending the day at the beach with me – yay!) but for the most part I couldn’t think straight, let alone write. Being away from most of the people I loved was difficult and I caused me to withdraw further even when back in Abbotsford. When you put everything together you have a recipe for something that’s dark, dingy and very unhappy. Yep and that was me for a good part of the past month and a half. Duane, on the other hand was wonderful through it all! He did everything he could to help me out…which usually entailed a trip to the beach ;-) Thanks hun! You’re the bestest!

That sort of wraps up the short version of recent happenings, perhaps I’ll feel inspired to unpack it all a little in the future. For now, however, the fatigue is catching up with me so I must go.

Much Love,
Carin

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Yahoo! Soooo glad to see you feeling better! I've been checking every few days and praying for you every time.
I hope Jesus showed himself to you in the darkness, because we know he is always there!

Lorrie said...

SO glad to hear from ya, been worried about ya, and praying for ya!!! I'm glad to hear that things are getting figured out and your doing better.
Would LOVE to get to see ya actually one day, when you can ;)

Keri's Collage... said...

I'm so glad you're back! I have been checking every day and have been very worried about you. I will keep on praying for you :)